Vision & Mission
carya is committed to engaging individuals, families and communities to realize their potential. We do this by creating environments which support healthier individuals and addressing those social and emotional problems which are known to impact the standard of living experienced by many in our city.
Our key areas of focus are:
- Childhoods that prepare and propel youth towards future success
- Parents who are confident, enabled and supported in raising families
- Stress reduction and management for those who are overwhelmed
- Security of housing and food supply for the city’s vulnerable
- Early literacy and lifelong learning and contribution across the age-span
- High school completion for vulnerable teens and tweens
- Socially connected and safe communities for families, individuals and seniors
- Long-term poverty reduction through education, resources and community
- Access to opportunity regardless of gender, race, creed, financial position, background or sexual orientation
Confident individuals, strong families and engaged communities for generations.
We’re proud to be one of the city’s longest serving social agencies. Our staff are experts in their field and we strive for excellence in every aspect of our work.
Our commitment to our clients:
- They will be treated with dignity, respect and without discrimination.
- Their privacy will be protected; any limitations to this will be fully explained to you.
- Their environment will be safe and secure.
- We will address any concerns they may have in a timely manner.
carya is committed to providing quality services to children, families, adults and older adults. If you are not satisfied with the services you receive, or you think that we have made a mistake, please contact us using the following process:
You are encouraged to express your concern to the staff member who has been helping you. If you are not comfortable with the staff member and/or are not satisfied with the response of the staff member they will set up an appointment (or you can call the carya office) for you to discuss your concerns with a supervisor.
If you are not satisfied with the supervisor’s response they will set up a meeting for you to discuss your concern with the program director.
If you are not satisfied with the director’s response they will arrange for a review of your concern with the COO / CEO and/or a committee of the carya Board of Directors.
We aim to resolve all concerns within 5 working days.
carya’s Strategic Plan is a living document which sets out our agency’s intention and the strategy we will undertake to achieve it. You can find our Strategic Plan here.