Empowerment for Caregivers
6.1 million Canadians balance personal commitments, caregiving duties and work responsibilities, every day. But to be a good caregiver, you must be good to yourself.
Caregivers in Canada contribute more than $5 billion of unpaid labor annually to the health care system. Caregiving for loved ones can be challenging, hard and often thankless work. It can put a strain on even the most resilient of people.
If you’re a caregiver, taking steps to preserve your own health and well-being is vital: when your needs are taken care of, the person you care for will benefit too.
Empowerment for Caregivers is a half day workshop which teaches caregivers about:
- Self-care and the concept of balance; effects of caregiving on health and well-being
- Taking responsibility for your own care; strategies for managing stress
- Organizational skills that support the model of wellness
- Moving forward; strategies that will help you stay on track of your self-care over time
- Creating and accessing resources for you
How to get involved:
Empowerment for Caregivers is for individuals who are involved with long‐term care including caregivers and helpers who work with individuals with developmental disabilities, aging parents, parents of sick children, and/or individuals who require personal care needs on a daily basis.
This workshop costs $15.00 per person however if you find the cost challenging, please contact us, we may be able to help cover it.
Empowerment for Caregivers occurs twice per year. Please call us on 403-537-3381 for more information or you can register your interest here.
Upcoming Program Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.View Event Calendar