About the program
Odyssey is a school-based program that engages sixth grade boys during critical after-school hours.
The boys are supported in this learning through mentoring, group activities, and recreational opportunities that they might not otherwise be able to experience.
Participants learn how to:
- Be engaged and successful in their schools, families, community and to be connected to positive and constructive activities
- Build healthy relationships with family members, peers, professional adults in their school, and members of the community
- Be self confident, have strong self-esteem, and respect for others
- Cope effectively with challenges in their life and have hope for their future
- Be responsible and develop strong positive social attitudes and clear values
Odyssey is part of The City of Calgary’s Afterschool Initiative and is offered in partnership with the Calgary Board of Education in three designated elementary schools in east Calgary. The program is specifically for students ages 10-12 in those schools only.
In partnership with