An educational and recreational program that offers grade six girls a place to belong and build healthy relationships
About the program
Starbright is a school-based program that engages sixth grade girls during critical after-school hours.
The program supports pre-adolescent development, fosters resiliency, and empowers girls by offering educational and recreation programming, family enhancement events, volunteering, mentoring, and individual support.
What participants learn:
- How to be a leader in their school, family and community
- How to build healthy relationships with family, peers, teachers and community members
- How to be self-confident and celebrate their unique self
- Skills for constructive decision making and healthy life choices
- How to cope effectively with challenges
A partnership between parents and program staff is vital to the success of this program.
Parents can be involved through events, on-going contact with program staff regarding community resources, workshops, and by sharing and celebrating their child’s success.
Starbright is part of The City of Calgary’s Afterschool Initiative and is offered in partnership with the Calgary Board of Education in Calgary. The program requires a one-year commitment from participants and written authorization from a parent or guardian.
For more information please contact the Starbright program supervisor at 403.205.5256.
In partnership with