Empowerment for Caregivers
6.1 million Canadians balance personal commitments, caregiving duties and work responsibilities, every day. But to be a good caregiver, you must be good to yourself.
Caregivers in Canada contribute more than $5 billion of unpaid labor annually to the health care system. Caregiving for loved ones can be challenging, hard and often thankless work. It can put a strain on even the most resilient of people.
If you’re a caregiver, taking steps to preserve your own health and well-being is vital: when your needs are taken care of, the person you care for will benefit too.
Empowerment for Caregivers is a half day workshop which teaches caregivers about:
- Self-care and the concept of balance; effects of caregiving on health and well-being
- Taking responsibility for your own care; strategies for managing stress
- Organizational skills that support the model of wellness
- Moving forward; strategies that will help you stay on track of your self-care over time
- Creating and accessing resources for you
How to get involved:
Empowerment for Caregivers is for individuals who are involved with long‐term care including caregivers and helpers who work with individuals with developmental disabilities, aging parents, parents of sick children, and/or individuals who require personal care needs on a daily basis.
This workshop costs $15.00 per person however if you find the cost challenging, please contact us, we may be able to help cover it.
Find upcoming Taking Care Of You: Empowerment for Caregivers dates below. Or, sign up for our Empowerment for Caregivers waiting list, and we’ll let you know when the next group has been scheduled.