Connect Parenting Group
Strong family relationships are important and needed. Your relationship with your child, particularly as they approach adolescence, needs positive attention to thrive.
This 11 week program supports parents and caregivers of adolescents (8-18). Participants learn how to manage behaviors through increasing awareness and cooperation. Parents are encouraged to look at their child through a relational lens to better understand the attachment need being expressed through their child’s behaviors. This program will help you find ways to create a closer connection with your child.
Each week, participants meet in small groups with trained leaders to learn new perspectives and skills about the parent and child relationship. Parents will also learn about adolescent development and attachment needs.
Our goal is to help parents and caregivers find alternatives in responding to challenging behaviours. The program helps set limits to support healthy relationships and help keep adolescents moving forward in a positive way.
A recent study showed that program participants has the following results:
- 97% of parents felt better equipped to understand their child
- 95% of parents felt better equipped to understand themselves as a parent
- 86% of parents noted a positive change in their relationship with their child as a result of applying what they learned
This group is open to all parents or caregivers residing in Calgary and surrounding areas.
Once we receive your registration, you will get a follow-up phone call from our Client Services Coordinator or group facilitator to complete an assessment and to discuss the course.
Connect is offered on a sliding scale fee, maximum cost per person or couple will be $100.
carya is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. We do not release client names or information except under circumstances as specified by ACSW code of ethics.
- “Helped with my confidence as a mom”
- “Gives us tools that give us hope that we can have a rewarding successful relationship”
- “These principles apply to all relationships not just the one with my kids”
- “Out of all of the programs … this has helped the most, it honestly has. Whether it is the group of parents and just learning different things, things I never would have thought of on my own.”
How to get involved
Find upcoming Connect dates below. Or, register your interest to be notified about future Connect dates.