Community Financial Engagement
carya’s Community Financial Engagement programs help older adults increase their financial resiliency. We help people find new ways to connect and share their strengths as they earn or save money.
Aging brings with it a new reliance on savings – a shift to becoming a spender rather than an earner. This change can have a powerful influence on the well-being of older adults.
carya offers programs that can help adults age 65 and older deal with
this financial transition.
Our Relationship with Money: A Community Initiative for Older Adults:
This 24-week program explores your relationship with money and presents opportunities to make a difference in your community.
In this program, you will:
- Gather in a group to learn about and reflect on your relationship with money for an average of 3 hours per week
- Enhance your money management skills through individual and group activities
- Learn about topics like Seniors Benefits, Financial Abuse and Fraud Prevention, Wills and Estate Law and more, relevant to older adults.
- Co-create and initiate a new or existing community project based on knowledge and skills learnt in this program.
This program is free and for older adults who are 65+.
Save $1 in your bank account and earn $3.00 more.
Advancing age may bring limited income which may also limit ability to afford assets. This 24-week program is aimed at helping Older Adults purchase productive assets such as household furniture and appliances, or afford dental or vision-related expenses while learning how to save money and develop saving habits.
Save up to $300 in six months and you may earn up to $900 in matched savings for a total of $1200!
- 60 years or older
- Earning a maximum of $24, 949 (1 person) or $31,061 (2 persons) annually before taxes.
- Able to save between $5 and $50 per month
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
carya also offers financial coaching. You can find out more here.
How to get involved
Find upcoming Financial Engagement opportunities dates below. Or, contact Sajjad Ahmad: 403.205.5260 or email@example.com to be notified about future groups.